The doctrinal standards of SAGE shall be the Three Ecumenical Creeds (The Apostles Creed-2nd century; The Nicene Creed–Constantinople, – 381 AD; and The Definition of Chalcedon – 451 AD)
SAGE embraces the exposition of the Apostles’ Creed as taught by the Heidelberg Catechism (1978 Modern English Translation), and as a faithful understanding of this historic Christian creed.
The published Statement of Faith of SAGE shall be the amended statement of faith as published by the National Association of Evangelicals expressed below:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, for faith and life.
- We believe that there is only one God, eternally existing in three persons of the divine Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that God by His Spirit must regenerate lost and sinful fallen people for their redemption and salvation.
- We believe in the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells the believer and unites them to Christ, and empowers believers to live a godly, obedient life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the redeemed and the unbelieving sinners. Redeemed believers are resurrected unto life and glory whereas unbelieving sinners are resurrected unto eternal Judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual fellowship of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ through our union with Christ and communion in His Church.